(505) 8435 3008
Gerardo Melecio Escorcia Díaz is Associate of García & Bodán in the Labor and Litigation and Arbitration practices in Managua.
He has vast experience as litigator in court proceedings. His great theoretical and practical knowledge of criminal, labor and administrative procedure reforms that have occurred in Nicaragua, has allowed him to successfully advice to a variety of both national and foreign clients.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500, 2023.
- Collaboration in the due diligence for the possible financing supported with properties in the North Atlantic Autonomous Region (RAAN) of Nicaragua. The assistance involved extensive registry, judicial and municipal research at institutions that only exists in RAAN, and led to the deep background review of 50 properties. As a result of the analysis and in depth-study, a favorable client opinion was achieved.
- Represented the client in special property process, promoted by Nicaraguan Institute of Social Security (INSS), in which the quality of third party registration of the client is been protected.
- Counseled to an investment company in the tourism industry in executive process, in which ten lots were seized; it was achieved in the second instance the annulation of the process in its totality, concluding in a favorable transaction for the client.
- Representation in labor suit with for social benefits for USD 50,000.00 for a foreign company dedicated to freight and logistics services.
- Counseled and represented the client in labor administrative procedure before Ministry of Labour (MITRAB) achieving revoke of the resolution that had determinate that the company of the client did not comply with the establish of the Nicaraguan labor legislation, reaching a favorable resolution for the client.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 2003 and as Notary Public since 2004.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2001.