García & Bodán is a law firm ranked in Nicaragua in tier one in the Real Estate practice area by the legal directory Chambers and Partners.
The Real Estate practice was born out of the needs of the market. While the company has a corporate approach, our clients have been the ones to ask for this specialized consultancy based on the need for real estate transactions in urban centers and places that are booming with tourism for the development of their businesses.
Our team has vast experience in all aspects related to the practice, since we have been attorneys to the main tourist and urban projects in the region. Likewise, we have been advisors in the negotiation and purchase of plots of land for the installation of industrial plants, tax payments applicable to properties and the creation of different real estate contracts that come into play in real estate transactions.
Our office in San Juan del Sur stands out in this practice area since it has been widely recognized as the preferred law firm by the most influential real estate agencies in the region to deal with foreign private investors. This office has assisted individual foreign investors with hundreds of transactions related to the purchase, sale or resale of land, houses and apartments in the southern part of the country.
Said practice area works hand in hand with García & Bodán Trust Company, entity that provides our clients with services of reception, safekeeping and management of funds for the purchase of properties that otherwise would be risky and complex for clients.
- Advice in the development of real estate projects.
- Advice for the purchase of properties under any legal form.
- Preparation and incorporation of condominium regimes.
- Set up of real estate and property development trusts.
- Advice in the establishment of property development funds.
- Audit and legal research of properties (Due diligence), encompassing registry, cadastral, municipal and other related matters.
- Contract drafting: promise of sale, property financing; leasing, commodate, usufruct.
- Negotiation and payment of real estate tax.
- Consultancy and judicial and out of court representation regarding real estate.
- Tourism Investment
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Real Estate
We distinguish ourselves for
- Having the largest legal team in the Real Estate practice in Nicaragua, which allows us to carry out large-scale projects and provide the fastest solutions on the market.
- Being attorneys to major urban developers and home owners’ associations, offering legal solutions for the incorporation, organization, fiscal planning, framework for rent and lease contracts, and other legal issues involving residential and commercial development.
- Being creative lawyers: once we understand the main goal of the client, have the ability to negotiate and adapt to its needs, proposing different terms and conditions that allow the investor to negotiate freely and invest using available means in the various laws in the region.
- Having extensive experience in legal advice and representation, including alternative dispute resolution; which allows to resolve legal contingencies that can often affect real estate, in a timely manner.
García & Bodán is a law firm in Nicaragua ranked as number one on Real Estate by the legal directory Chambers & Partners.
What they say about us
García & Bodán has a distinguished team, and are the go-to firm for any major real estate transaction in Nicaragua.
They do a very good job in that they´re communicate, they get things done and always follow up on our processes.