Since its foundation, García & Bodán has specialized in providing Corporate and Transactional advice, making this the most active and biggest area of practice in the law firm today. The Corporate and Transactional practice at García & Bodán is aimed at all industry sectors, having clients whose companies range from pharmaceutical to technological branches; from airlines to fast food franchises. Among our clients are well-known companies from the United States and Mexico, as well as from South America, Central America and Europe, all interested in doing business in the region.
Our highly qualified attorneys have vast experience in the establishment of different types of legal partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, preparation of due diligence processes in a variety of industry sectors, negotiations with the government, advice for investments subject to special regimes (such as free trade zones, BPOs). This variety of processes and knowledge allows us to offer our clients comprehensive solutions from all the countries were we have offices, through a single contact point in the region (one-stop shop).
- Incorporation of different types of companies.
- Advice in shareholders’ agreements.
- Due diligence, mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiations with the government (concessions, licenses and privatizations).
- Creation of partnerships, cooperation agreements and joint venture contracts.
- Advice in contract drafting.
- Custody and protection of documents and securities.
- Anti-trust and consumer rights.
- Advice in assets’ purchase and sale (personal and real property).
- Incorporation and operation of non-profit organizations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Purchases and Contracting of Goods and Services
- Free Zones
- Non-governmental Organizations and Foundations
We stand out for
- Our ability to provide legal services with the same quality through a single contact point in the region from any of our offices.
- The extensive experience and prestige of our Partners in El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua, which has earned the trust of our clients so we can advise them on the most recent major mergers and acquisitions in those countries.
- Providing legal advice to national, regional and/or worldwide companies leaders in the market in different industries; including energy, banking and finance, aviation, agribusiness, mining, oil and gas, who make up our client base.
We are known as one of the leading law firms in the Corporate practice by the legal directors of Chambers & Partners, IFLR1000, The Legal 500.
What they say about us
García & Bodán caters to our requests with diligence, clarity and good response speed. We particularly value its commitment to the client, regional reach and ability to integrate specialists’ teams to ensure quality results.
One client uses the firm in multiple jurisdictions because it “can depend on García & Bodán offices giving the same high quality of services.
I have found the associates in the different countries to have good legal reasoning, with great local connections and very dependable.