With vast experience in the field, our attorneys within the practice of Energy and Natural Resources have participated in all areas of this sector, including: due diligence processes for mergers and acquisitions, project financing and development, construction and recruitment, compliance with regulations, alternative dispute resolution, tax advice.
Oil and gas explorations have been recently carried out in Central America due to the high demand for hydrocarbons, even without reaching the possibility of commercial exportations.
We are the first company in Nicaragua to provide legal advice on oil exploration on the Caribbean coast and Pacific onshore, for which we have developed concession, surface exploration and exploratory drilling contracts. In addition, we have counseled companies engaged in the generation of renewable energy in the fields of solar energy, geothermal energy and hydropower, supporting them in negotiations and concessions with the government in major projects in the region.
Our clients in this sector have benefitted from our attorneys’ experience in the fiscal planning according to the tax incentives granted by the special laws in this matter.
- Due diligence processes for acquiring companies in all energy sectors.
- Drafting of compliance matrix for the obligations required by concession contracts and proper follow-up.
- Obtaining environmental permits.
- Negotiation with subcontractors.
- Concessions or permits’ negotiation with the government.
- Drafting of corporate frameworks.
- Drafting and revising of Power Purchase Agreements and verification of licenses and permits applicable to the effectiveness of the business.
- Oil and Gas
- Renewable Energy
We stand out for
- The vast experience in mergers and acquisitions, financing, construction development and project contracting in all energy and natural resources sectors.
- Our experience in advice and assistance in fiscal planning and strategies, especially the application of existing tax incentives for the energy, environmental and mining sector in the region.
- Our extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the local regulations in all energy sectors.
What they say about us
The team knows a great deal about the energy industry and is very up to date on applicable international law. We value their network of contacts, excellent reputation and creative approach – they are problem solvers, good at devising solutions for very complicated situations.