In the height of the digital age, our clients’ need to protect their intangible assets and the value of their brand requires increasingly specialized legal advice. Lawyers practicing Intellectual Property at García & Bodán have extensive experience in registry of trademark, patent litigation and actions against infringement by the registry of trademarks and patents, management of international trademark and patent portfolios, trademark monitoring and consulting services on copyright and related rights. We include in our Intellectual Property practice the services of sanitary registration for all kinds of products, from food and drinks, to drugs, medical supplies and cosmetics, to agrochemicals and veterinary products are all included in our practice of Intellectual Property.
Currently the regional practice area manages a trademark portfolio of thousands of brands, which are subject to monitoring and control deadlines by means of a modern trademark monitoring and follow up system, to facilitate and ensure their protection.
Our clients include companies in the areas of technology, aeronautics, fashion, cosmetics, medicines, food and drinks, among other categories; all with world class prestige. Our Intellectual Property practice is directed from our office in San Salvador, El Salvador, with the ability to coordinate work within the region and even beyond, from any of our offices, allowing us to offer our clients a single point of contact.
- International management of trademark and patent portfolios.
- Registry procedures at the accreditation institutions for each jurisdiction.
- Renewals, mergers, transfers and changes of corporate name and/or domicile, usage licenses.
- Drafting of legal documents: statements, coexistences, usage licenses, transfers, franchises, etc.
- Processing of special licenses in the branch of sanitary registration.
- Drafting of legal opinions in accordance with local law, regulations or applicable Central American technical standards.
- Legal advice in idea protection under suitable legal concept within the law.
- Trademark surveillance.
- Legal advice on copyright and related rights.
- Intellectual Property Litigation:
- Trademark infringement and invalidity.
- Cancellation for lack of use of trademark.
- Copyright infringement.
- Anti-piracy regarding Copyright and Related Rights.
- Criminal action and precautionary measures regarding Intellectual Property Rights.
- Trademarks and other Distinctive Signs
- Patents and Industrial Designs
- Plan variety rights
- Sanitary registration of food products, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, veterinary and agricultural.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Consumer Rights
- Commercial Promotions
We distinguish ourselves for
- Managing the portfolio and litigation for trademarks, patents, trade names, copyrights and rules for national and international clients.
- Having wide experience in court litigation and administrative litigation of trademarks and patents.
- Prompt and effective service, with strict compliance of the special instructions given by our clients.
- Serving as a one-stop window for obtaining Sanitary and Intellectual Property registration in all of Central America through our office in El Salvador.
We have been recognized as one of the leading law firms within the Intellectual Property practice area in the region by the legal directors Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500.
What they say about us
We are very happy with the service and particularly value the speed of their responses, as well as the way their opinions are concise and cover all the necessary points.
It’s a very good law firm and the service is great. They keep track of our matters and are skilled in producing reports quickly and thoroughly.