The Tax practice area is one of the main support areas for our clients regarding their investments and businesses in Central America.
This practice helps our clients with the preparation and development of a tax structure that maximizes its profitability, making efficient appropriate tax payments, avoiding double taxation and providing effective advice for carrying out required transactions, whether locally or regionally. Likewise, we advise and support them with any requirement from the Tax and Customs Administration and in calculated adjustments regulations, at the administrative and judicial level.
The attorneys of this practice at García & Bodán have extensive knowledge and experience in the field in Central America and have advised and represented both national and international large companies.
- Tax planning.
- Administrative defense of tax adjustments.
- Tax litigation.
- Advice on customs issues.
- Restructuring and tax advice in all types of transactions.
- Preparation of tax efficient corporate structures.
- Support in complying with tax obligations.
- Research on transfer prices.
- Taxation of Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Evaluation of contingencies, especially for Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Opinions about the applicability of direct and indirect taxes.
We stand out for
- Our experience in tax structuring for planning the multinational operations of companies in telecommunications, energy, mining, oil and gas, export, financial activities, industrial, logistics, agricultural and construction sectors.
- Our experience in tax planning and compliance of export industries.
- Obtaining tax benefits for our clients through negotiations with the State according to the benefits by law.
- Our record of favorable rulings in legal and administrative actions for our clients before the Administration of Customs and Taxes in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua.