(505) 8435 3006
Dania Raquel Navarrete Chávez is Senior Associate and member of the Corporate and Transactional, Real Estate and Banking and Finance practices in Managua, Nicaragua.
She led the team of lawyers responsible for the execution of legal proceedings in different parts of the country who have experience in different areas of law.
She has coordinated an unnumbered quantity of legal opinions related to property issues, including review and analysis of registration information, cadastral and their legal status; either for title insurance purposes or to acquire property rights and modifying rights of properties located in all the country. Along with other lawyers of the firm, she has participated in the constitution and obtainment of permits so that national companies and subsidiaries of foreign companies and nonprofit entities can operate in the country, trusts registration, horizontal property regimes, mergers and acquisitions and dissolutions of business entities, among others.
Dania also provides internal advisory in differ topics, especially those related to Registry Law, Notary Law and Immigration law, as well as procedures in different institutions and organs of the public administration.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Non-governmental Organizations and Foundations
- Real Estate
- Award for best student of her generation – Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua, 2004.
- Registry, cadastral and municipal investigations as part of the advisory provided to the buyer, a Guatemalan real estate developer, in their purchase of a real property for the development of premium residential projects in Managua.
- Counseled in real estate matters regarding the purchase and subsequent registration of a property for the development of free zones operations for a client of the firm.
- Collaboration in due diligence related to the investigation of the properties registry and corporate matters of one of the gaming companies in Nicaragua.
- Registration of 13 properties under Trust modality for the development of commercial activities of different clients being innovative the registry of the legal structure in several departments of the country.
- Assistance in the execution of the legal strategies for the construction of warehouses to be used as offices for one of the biggest real estate developers of Nicaragua.
- Collaboration in the due diligence for the suitability of property located in the North Atlantic Autonomous Region (RAAN) of Nicaragua for a possible financing. The assistance involved extensive registry, judicial and municipal research at institutions that only exists in RAAN, and led to the deep background review of 50 properties.
- Collaboration in the acquisition process of a property for the establishment of a restaurant, the first in the western part of the country, of one of the world famous fast foods chains. The advice included extensive analysis of the properties’ registry, tracing to the last 30 years to evaluate all contingencies for the client.
- Assistance in the due diligence performed for Essilor International one of the leading producers of lenses and optical equipment in the world, by the possible purchase of the principal optical producer in the country. The process involved extensive research of all properties, vehicle fleet and societies of the company to be acquired.
- Counseled to Mexican dairy company Grupo Lala in their acquisition of Eskimo, S.A., Nicaragua’s largest dairy producer. Counsel consisted on the elaboration of a due diligence of Eskimo, and legal advice on issues of corporate, real estate and their vehicle fleet.
- Contribution in Annual Report of World Bank and the International Finance Corporation “Doing Business”, 2015, 2019.
- Contribution in the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation Annual Report “Women, Business and the Law”, 2016.
- Contribution with the Doing Business Report (properties and gender topics) and assistance in institutional procedures for the program of Improvement of the Business and Investment Climate PRODEMIPYME-MIFIC, 2013-2014.
- Deputy Editor “Doing Business in Nicaragua”, 2012-2013.
- Postgraduate diploma in “The Registry Law as legal security Budget” – Instituto de Altos Estudios Judiciales, 2014.
- Seminar about Law 698, “Public Registry General Law” – Universidad Central de Nicaragua, 2011.
- Postgraduate diploma in Mechanisms of Solutions of Commercial Disputes – Universidad Central de Nicaragua, 2011.
- Postgraduate diploma in Registry Law and Notary Law, Universidad Paulo Freire, 2009.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua (UNAN-Managua), 2004.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 2008 and as Notary Public since 2009.