(505) 8238 0970
Paúl Guillermo Rodríguez Medina is Associate of García & Bodán and member of the Corporate practice in Managua, Nicaragua.
His practice concentrates on corporate and environmental matters, with a deep knowledge of local jurisdiction that allowed him to assist in the installation and operation of various businesses, mainly free zones, and companies in the dairy industry. As well, he has a great knowledge of regulations in energy matters, especially in renewable energy sectors (hydro and solar). His experience in Insurance Law for due diligences process, has become him in a knowledgeable of national legislation.
Through his experience, he has advice in a range of law practice areas like corporate, real estate, labor and energy for both foreign and national companies, obtaining favorable results for his clients.
He has worked for several public institutions, such as the Central Bank’s legal department and for the Tax Policy Office of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit of Nicaragua.
- Social Security
- Banking and Finance
- Real Estate
- Renewable Energy
- Counseled a Central American beverages company in relation to the merger of two of its wholly owned companies in Nicaragua.
- Counseled Unifirst Nicaragua, S.A., a subsidiary of the transnational corporation UniFirst Corporation (U1st), on subjects related to its incorporation as free zone user company, labor issues and in a leasing contract for its industrial facilities.
- Counseled Pallan Group, a Canadian company committed to the sustainable harvest of timber and producing high quality lumber products, on their USD 1.3 million acquisition of Dusa. The firm advised and assisted the client in the signing process of a termination of purchase and share transfer contract and a new stock purchase agreement. Our work included an analysis of the tax implications of the signing process
- Counseled in the acquisition process of a property for the establishment of a restaurant, the first in the western part of the country, to one of the largest chain of fast foods restaurants in the world. The advice included extensive analysis of the properties’ registry, tracing to the last 30 years to evaluate all contingencies for the client.
- Counseled in the authorization process before Nicaraguan state entity for the operation of several satellites for one of the biggest satellite operator in the region.
- Contribution in the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation Annual Report “Doing Business”, 2015.
- Course on “Fundamentals of International Tax Law” – Leiden University, Netherlands, 2012.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2011.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since November 2012.