(504) 3281 5642
Melissa Ayala is Senior Associate at García & Bodán and member of the Corporate and Transactional and Labor practices in Honduras.
Her professional experience begins as an independent lawyer for a renowned law firm, providing legal business advice and commercial, administrative and labor management.
Melissa is a multi-talented attorney; her proactivity in organization, planning and operational improvements stands out. She has extensive experience in developing human development management policies and procedures.
Prior to joining García & Bodán, Melissa served as Legal Director of the Municipality of San Pedro Sula, being legally responsible for supervising the execution of public services and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Purchases and Hiring of Goods and Services
- Labor litigation
- President of the Conciliation Board in the negotiation of the Collective Agreement signed in 2018 by the Municipality of San Pedro Sula and the municipal union.
- Advice on the negotiation of the Loan Agreement signed by a Banking Union represented by Banco del País and the Municipality of San Pedro Sula.
- Active participation in research and planning strategies to defend the collective interests of the city of San Pedro Sula.
- Legal Director of the Judicial Department for the municipality of San Pedro Sula: Responsible for labor and civil lawsuits.
- Responsible for disciplinary and sanctioning procedures of the Municipality of San Pedro Sula.
- Responsible for creating local laws such as: Regulations, Excise Plan, Municipal Ordinances and Corporate Agreements for the Municipality of San Pedro Sula.
- Collaboration for the creation of the Executive Decrees of Honduras: 198-2018; 46-2019 and 37-2020.
- Member of the Certified Public Buyers (CPC) by the State Contracting and Procurement Regulatory Office (ONCAE) in Honduras, 2021.
- *This experience has been prior to joining García & Bodán.
- Member of the Honduran Bar Association.
- Studying Doctorate in Law School: Rule of Law and Governance – Universidad de Salamanca, Spain, 2022.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Procedural Law, with Magna Cum Laude distinction – DUX Business and Government, USAP, Honduras, 2021.
- Diploma in Pedagogy in Higher Education – Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán, Honduras, 2018.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 2012.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Privada de San Pedro (USAP), Honduras, 2011.