(505) 8435 3009
Lía Esperanza Incer Flores is Senior Associate and member of the Intellectual Property practice in Managua, Nicaragua. She heads this department in the country.
Her practice specializes in intellectual property, particularly in Copyrights and Related Rights. Prior to joining the firm, she served as Director of Copyright and Related Rights of the General Directorate of the Intellectual Property Registry; where she leaded, administered and executed government policies in that area, acted as mediator in conflicts generated by violation of the rights of this practice, among others.
Likewise, she was part of a renowned law firm in the country, where she specialized in the registration of trademarks and other distinctive signs.
She has a Master’s degree in Intellectual Property from Universidad Carlos III of Madrid, Spain; where she also did practices to sharpen her knowledge.
She has participated as an exhibitor in different Intellectual Property workshops, including the Sub-regional Meeting of the World Intellectual Property Organization -OMPI- for countries of Central America and the Dominican Republic; and the workshop on Copyright linked to digital art and animation in Nicaragua.
- Trademarks and other Distinctive Signs
- Sanitary Registrations of foods products, cosmetics, pharmaceutics and agricultural
- Patents and Industrial Designs
- Plant varieties rights
- Consumer Law
- Maxima Cum Laude in the monograph thesis of Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), “Analyze the legal regime for the protection of unfair trade practices foreseen in chapter V of the Law on the Promotion of Competition”.
- Trademark portfolio management and advice on health regulation in Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panamá and Belize to one of the leading food company in Latin America.
- Coordination of registration, transfers, renovations, and licenses for marks of an international media company in Nicaragua.
- Trademark registration of laboratories.
- Advice to a leading company in production and commercialization of agricultural products on regulatory and commercial matters in Nicaragua and El Salvador.
- Speaker at the WIPO Sub-regional Meeting for the Countries of Central America and the Dominican Republic on the Beijing Treaty for Audiovisual Performances, Organization of the World Intellectual Property Organization and the National Copyright Office of the Dominican Republic.
- Speaker at the Intellectual Property Workshop: Copyright in digital art and animation in Nicaragua, taught at Universidad Católica Redemptoris Mater.
- Speaker at the National Copyright Workshop on the Marrakesh Treaty to facilitate access to published works for people who are blind, visually impaired or have other skills to access the printed text, organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization and the Ministry of Development, Industry and Commerce of Nicaragua.
- Speaker at the National Workshop on Copyright and Related Rights: Challenges and opportunities of the digital era, organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization and the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Commerce of Nicaragua.
- Master in Intellectual Property – Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 2014.
- Graduated in Law with mention in economic- Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2010.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 2012 and as Notary Public since 2014.