(504) 3350 1068
Graciela Sarahí Cruz Raudales is Partner of García & Bodán and member of the Intellectual Property practice in Honduras.
Currently, her experience is focused on intellectual property, industrial property and sanitary regulation, serving to date as head of the practice for Honduras.
In addition to the current services provided by the department, Graciela Cruz has developed a systematic process of capacitation through Embassies and several Chambers of Commerce to guide new entrepreneurs interested in expanding their market share to Central America.
Graciela has vast experience in managing and providing legal advice on Intellectual Property and Sanitary Regulations to clients such as Kraft Heinz, Grupo Lala, Cargill, Ambev, PepsiCo, Novo Nordisk, Zara, Pull & Bear, Saba, Duwest, Clinique, United Airlines, Rainbow Agrochemical, Acava Limited, Banistmo, Puma Energy, Zell Chemie, Mophie, Spotify, Fox, HBO, SKY, PetSmart, among other international and national clients.
According to Chambers Latin America, Graciela Cruz focuses on the procurement of trademarks and sanitary regulations, and comes in for praise from market sources who describe her as “a very committed lawyer who is active in IP matters on a daily basis.”
She has participated in the conferences of the Interamerican Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) and the Annual Meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
Besides her successful career, Graciela has been asked to participate as Specialist in IP matters at the Universidad Católica de Honduras, Universidad Metropolitana, and Universidad Tecnólogica de Honduras, for Law, Marketing and Business Administration students.
- Trademarks and other Distinctive Signs
- Patents and Industrial Designs
- Plant variety rights
- Sanitary registration of food products, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals
- Consumer Law
- Intellectual Property, Chambers Latin America, 2014-2018.
- Intellectual Property, The Legal 500, 2017.
- President of the Faculty of Law of Universidad Católica de Honduras, 2007-2008.
- Filing and obtaining health registrations of over 400 for food products of Mondelēz International in El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua.
- Introduction of a portfolio of over 40 trademarks in El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua for Rainbow Agrosciences.
- Filing and obtaining health registrations of over 200 for food perfumery products of INDITEX, S.A. for the cosmetic products under trademarks Zara and Pull & Bear
- Represented Laboratorios La Santé in administrative litigation to defend our client’s new commercial name and group of trademarks, against an opposition filed by a local company claiming prior and superior rights to the name.
- Management of the trademark, patents and copyrights portfolio in Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panamá y Belize to one of the leading food company in Latin America.
- Filing and obtaining health registrations of cosmetic products for Clinique, from Estēe Lauder.
- Trademark registration of Bago Group in Nicaragua and Honduras.
- Counseled to Mexican dairy company Grupo Lala in their acquisition of Eskimo, S.A., Nicaragua’s largest dairy producer. Counsel consisted on the elaboration of a due diligence of Eskimo and its Honduran subsidiary, and legal advice on issues of corporate, commercial, customs, tax, real estate, environmental, antitrust and intellectual property, as well as food safety legislation.
- Contribution in Annual Report of World Bank and the International Finance Corporation “Doing Business”, 2012-2014.
- Contribution in Report of World Bank and the International Finance Corporation “Women, Business and the Law”, 2014.
- MBA – Universidad Católica de Honduras (UNICAH), 2012.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Católica de Honduras, 2008.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since June 2009.