(506) 8486 2878
Daniela Quesada is Associate at García & Bodán and Head of the Intellectual Property practice in Costa Rica.
With over 11 years of experience in Intellectual Property, Daniela has an international focus through her extensive involvement in transactions in the Americas.
She has provided legal advice to foreign and domestic clients in the management of trademark, patent, and sanitary registration portfolios.
In her professional career, her performance as Head of the Regulatory Department for a renowned firm in Costa Rica stands out, leading judicial processes of trademark counterfeiting and trademark portfolios of important national and international companies.
She has also overseen corporate and notarial proceedings.
- Trademarks and other Distinctive Signs
- Patents and Industrial Designs
- Sanitary registration of food products, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, veterinary and agricultural
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Consumer Rights
- Commercial Promotions
- Portfolio management and trademark registration for multinational and national companies of great trajectory in Central America, Panama, and other countries in Latin America.
- Portfolio management and registration of sanitary products for multinational and national companies of great trajectory in food, cosmetics, medicines, etc., in Central America, Panama, and other countries in Latin America.
- Legal advice and management of legal proceedings on trademark counterfeiting issues.
- Handling of corporate and notarial proceedings.
- Speaker in the lecture “Intellectual Property: How to register my trademark?” – Colegio de Periodistas y Profesionales en Ciencias de la Comunicación Colectiva, Costa Rica, 2022.
- Member of the Association of Intellectual Property Professionals (APPICR).
- Member of the Commission of Anti-Corruption and Corporate Responsibility; Arbitration and ADR and Intellectual Property of the International Chamber of Commerce, Costa Rica National Committee (ICC).
- Member of the Intellectual Property Law Commission of the Costa Rican Bar Association.
- Member of the Health Commission and the Digital Innovation Forum of the Costa Rican American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham).
- Specialization in Registry and Notarial Law – Universidad La Salle, Costa Rica, 2020.
- VI Congress “Legal Notarial Update” – Unión de Abogados y Notarios de Bancos Estatales (UNEBAN), Costa Rica, 2020.
- Seminar on Use of the System of Mutual Recognition of Sanitary Registrations in Central America (SIRRS) and use of Regístrelo platform – Cámara de Industrias de Costa Rica (CICR), Costa Rica, 2018.
- Workshop “Apostille and Authentication of Documents” – Asociación Nacional de Traductores e Intérpretes Oficiales y ULACIT – Costa Rica, 2016.
- Training “Basic Concepts in Copyright and Related Registration Procedures” – Registro Nacional, Derechos de Autor y Conexos, Costa Rica, 2014.
- Course “Intellectual Property and New Technologies” – Colegio de Abogados y Abogadas de Costa Rica, Costa Rica, 2014.
- International Symposium “Social Networks and Law” – Federación Iberoamericana de Asociaciones de Informática y Derecho, Costa Rica, 2010.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 2018 and as a Notary Public since 2020.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Escuela Libre de Derecho, Costa Rica, 2017.