(502) 2261 7081
Andrés Cofiño Guzmán is Senior Associate for García & Bodán in Guatemala.
His professional experience includes serving as director of the legal department of a housing development company for 10 years, providing constant advice in the areas of commercial, civil, labor, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, tax and notarial law; as well as having been part of a local law firm team, being directly involved with the practical aspect of the profession in the areas of civil law, commercial law, civil and commercial procedural law.
- Tourism Investments
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Special recognition for being one of five members of the winning team of the annual academic contest of the Faculty of Law – Universidad Francisco Marroquín (School of Law), 2002.
- Graduated with a vote of distinction in Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Universidad de of Barcelona Business School (UB), 2018.
- Incorporation of foreign entities branches in Guatemala.
- Management of corporate legal area of foreign entities in Guatemala as well as corporate governance.
- Participation in the elaboration of multiple due diligence processes, which included detailed analysis of registry, judicial and corporate operations.
- Representation of labor lawsuit to corporate group composed of 9 local entities for the sum of USD 175,000.00.
- Tax advice to foreign companies settling in Guatemala and entering the market for the development of urban projects.
- Representation of a multinational company in the tourism field starting operations in Guatemala.
- Volunteer professor teaching micro-entrepreneurs the basic areas of law (tax law, commercial law and labor law).
- Member of the Fiscal and Investment and Foreign Trade committees of the American Chamber of Commerce of Guatemala (AmCham Guatemala).
- Guatemalan Bar and Notaries Association (CANG).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Universidad de Barcelona Business School (UB), 2018.
- Master in Business Law (LLM) – Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (LawSchool), 2010.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney and Notary Public since 2007.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Francisco Marroquín, 2007.