(502) 3013 5126
María Fernanda Villagrán is Associate and Coordinator of the Intellectual Property practice area of García & Bodán in Guatemala.
Previously, she oversaw the Intellectual Property department of a prestigious firm where she provided legal advice on Intellectual Property matters, and everything related to protection, registration and defense of distinctive signs, registered national and international trademarks, elaborated commercial contracts and on the matter of rights of Author.
Likewise, she worked as an independent lawyer where she provided legal advice on Corporate Law, prepared commercial and civil contracts, registered trademarks and provided advice on family matters.
- Intellectual property
- Trademarks and other Distinctive Signs
- Sanitary records of food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, veterinary and agricultural products
- High academic performance extended by the Rafael Landívar University 2014-2019.
- XII International Arbitration Competition- Participation within the competition, extended by the University of Buenos Aires -UBA 2019.
- VII Contest for Simulation of Cases and Role Play on Investment Arbitration – Winner of the competition, extended by the Rafael Landívar University, 2019.
- International Commercial Arbitration Contest (MOOT Mexico) online edition 2020- Participation as a competing team coach.
- Management of brand portfolio in Guatemala for one of the companies within the beverage and spirits sector.
- Coordination of trademark registration in North America, Central America, South America and the European Union.
- Advice on trademark classification, defense and registration of trademarks.
- Moderator in the Webinar called “Foreign investment in Guatemala” – Guatemalan Very Young Arbitration Practitioners -GTVYAP-
- Speaker at the Webinar called “The means of challenge within the Arbitration” – Commercial Arbitration CUNOC-USAC.
- Association of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala.
- Chamber of Intellectual Property (CAMPI).
- Member of the Intellectual Property Comittee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Guatemala (AMCHAM).
- Master in Corporate Law- Universidad Rafael Landívar, studying.
- Postgraduate Update in Intellectual Property, Innovation and New Technologies – Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, studying.
- Bachelor of Legal and Social Sciences, Lawyer and Notary Public- Rafael Landívar University 2014-2020.
- Bachelor of Science and Letters – Manos a la Obra Bilingual School 2007-2013.
- General Course on Intellectual Property – World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- Summer Course on Intellectual Property and Health – World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).