Regional Director of Real Estate practice
(505) 8435 3016
Eduardo Antonio Cabrales Cuadra is Managing Partner of García & Bodán San Juan del Sur and Tola in Nicaragua and Regional Director of the Real Estate practice area of the firm.
He has advised numerous companies and private investors -both national and foreign- in real estate transactions, including due diligence for titles and/or companies, and creating beneficial deal structures in the purchase and sale of hotels, tourism projects and commercial properties. He has been a lawyer of various developers in the creation of subdivisions, condominium developments and schemes, as well as groups of property owners in the same projects, in structuring homeowners associations and creating rules of organization and coexistence.
Eduardo has significant experience in real estate and is recognized for his knowledge in this area of practice, particularly in San Juan del Sur, a region that has become an attractive and competitive major tourist destination in Nicaragua.
Chambers Latin America referred to him as “collaborative, logical and thorough.” Market sources add: “He does a great job answering foreign clients’ questions and guiding them through transactions.”
Before his incorporation to the law firm he served at the Legal Advisory Department at Banco ProCredit Nicaragua, and he honed his skills, in Real Estate, Registry and Property Insurance, by being Underwriter in First American Title Insurance.
- Real Estate
- Tourism Investment
- Real Estate, Chambers Latin America, 2015-2018.
- Real Estate, The Legal 500, 2017.
- Legal counsel to Corporation Clover Bay, S. A., a subsidiary of SEG International, which is in charge of the production of the television series “Survivor” Nicaragua, in the coordination of all the necessary legal matters to collaborate with the successful execution of the production of Cycles 21 and 22 (2010) and 29 and 30 (2014) in one of the neighbouring beaches of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
- Legal advice to an international society, subsidiary of a global real estate development and capital investment firm, in the key initial parts of various real estate projects in different zones of the country that represent a total investment of USD 5 million.
- Counseled to foreign firms to prepare the due diligence, relevant information and everything related to the legal effects in Nicaragua for the sale of a tourist project in San Juan del Sur, through a purchase agreement of shares of foreign companies which are the shareholders of the local company owns the project, valued at USD 1.7 million.
- Counseled to foreign investors in the acquisition of a hotel and adjacent properties for future expansion thereof, whose total investment amounts to USD 1 million, which included researching of titles, obtaining insurance, confirmation of transfer of operating permits and cancellation outstanding obligations of the seller, a subsidiary register and finally the closing of the transaction.
- Legal advice to private investors in their negotiations with Nicaraguan Company INNICSA, to establish a joint venture for the development of the La Joya residential project in Pacific Marlin (San Juan del Sur), valued in USD 3 million.
- Co-author of the article: “New Wave of Opportunity”, International Financial Law Review (IFLR), September 2010.
- Director of the National Tourism Chamber of Nicaragua (CANATUR) Chapter San Juan del Sur and Alternate Director of National CANATUR.
- Member of the Legal Commission of the Association of Nicaraguan Investors and Developers (ANID) to address issues arising from the Coastal Act and Border Regime Law.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since December 2009 and as Notary Public since September 2010.
- Postgraduate diploma in Corporate Law – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2008.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2007.