(505) 8435 3022
Marlon José Gazo Peña is Associate of García & Bodán in the Corporate and Transactional, Labor and Litigation practices in Tola, Nicaragua.
He served on his beginnings at the firm as Coordinator of Legal Assistance. He started his legal practice as an Intern at Universidad Centroamericana Law Office in the Civil and Labor Area and at the Labor Area of the Nicaraguan Central Bank.
He has an extensive experience in Registry Law, Criminal Law and Labor Litigation. He was in charge of general legal proceedings and criminals of second instance in one of the most important law firm in his native Department of Rivas. Nowadays his experience is focused on Real Estate transaction and Corporate Litigation.
- Real Estate
- Tourism Investment
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Best Memorial Award in Spanish of the XVI Annual Inter-American Human Rights Moot Court Competition – American University, Washington D.C., 2011.
- Award for Academic Excellence – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2010.
- Coordination of closing on Real Estate transactions on property known as Big Sky Ranch, located in Escamequita, San Juan del Sur in the amount of USD 783,000.00.
- Coordination and review of registry search on properties located in Rivas, as a part of the process of acquisitions of assets from La Perfecta made by Lala Nicaragua.
- Legal opinion on property known as “La Bocana” located at Playa Remanso, which made possible a Real Estate transaction in the amount of USD 900,000.00.
- Successful legal advice for cancellation of lien existence on property known as Rancho Chilamate located in the region of Escameca, San Juan del Sur, which is valued in the amount of USD 530,000.00. The advice consisted in the development and implementation of strategy within the framework of existing civil litigation against the client.
- Active participation in important transaction of transfer of Project known as Cala Azul. The participation consisted in collaboration on integral due diligence on the company that owns the project jointly with other attorneys of the firm.
- University professor, achieving important academic awards in Moot Court Competitions, Universidad Politécnica de Nicaragua (UPOLI), 2011.
- Contributor in the article “Constitutional Regulations of the States Members of the Central America Integration System and the Formation Process of Administrative Acts”, Universidad Centroamericana “José Simeón Cañas” (UCA), 2010.
- Admitted to practice as since 2011 and as Notary Public since 2015.
- Postgraduate diploma in Nicaraguan Civil Process – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2016.
- Postgraduate diploma in Intellectual Property Law in Nicaragua – Universidad Politécnica de Nicaragua (UPOLI), 2011.
- Postgraduate diploma in Human Rights: Access to Justice – Universidad Rafael Landívar, Guatemala, 2009.
- Graduated with honors in Law -Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2009.