Regional Director of Labor practice
(504) 3392 2225
Ricardo Alfredo Duarte Jiménez is Partner of García & Bodán Honduras and Regional Director of the Labor practice of the firm.
Ricardo´s practices focused in legal advice on corporate transactional matters and on providing compliance and preventive measures in order to assure the best results on labor matters. He has wide experience on corporate law mainly in mergers and acquisitions, distribution matters, competition, financial law and representing clients before administrative labor authorities and Labor Courts of the Republic of Honduras, with an extensive record of positive results for his clients. The preventive work done by the attorney Duarte minimizes labor contingencies that occur daily in companies with a huge human capital.
Besides his experience in Labor Law, he has advised several major companies with mergers and acquisitions. Ricardo Duarte has been recognized by his wide experience advising companies with interests in Central America, particularly in Honduras.
According to Who’s Who Legal Central America, Ricardo Duarte is a “delight to deal with”, recognised for the quality of his work for which clients say he “always gives 110 per cent.”
Prior to joining the firm served as Legal Adviser at the High Court of Auditors of the Republic of Honduras (1999-2004).
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Corporate/M&A, LACCA Approved, 2017-2019.
- Financial and Corporate, IFLR1000, 2016.
- Finance, Competition, Who’s Who Legal Central America, 2016.
- Counseled to a non-profit social investment fund that focuses on micro-financing and development of small and growing agricultural ventures in the recommendation of legal structures and vehicles to be used, in order to allow proper funding of the projects and secure their success.
- Assisted to the borrower, one of the biggest hotel chains in the world and successful in the region, in a loan to finance consolidation and expansion of our client’s operations in the region.
- Advised the client, a leading retailer of furniture and home appliances, in capitalizing over USD 14 million in withheld earnings.
- Counseled in the merger by absorption in Honduras of the companies of a world renowned in the area of fuels, lubricants and other petroleum products.
- Counseled in due diligence of six renewable energy generation companies in Honduras in order to set the legal basis and feasibility of a purchase option.
- Counseled to a Mexican dairy company in their acquisition of Nicaragua’s largest dairy producer. Counsel consisted on the elaboration of a due diligence of the Nicaraguan company and its Honduran subsidiary, and legal advice on issues of corporate, commercial, customs, tax, real estate, environmental, antitrust and intellectual property, as well as food safety legislation.
- Counseled rendered to the Finance Secretariat of the Government of Honduras in the first and second issuance of sovereign bonds for the amount of USD 1 billion.
- Counseled to one of the biggest companies in the world in the retail business, in their acquisitions of properties through Honduras for the installations of its branch stores.
- Counseled to the client, a multinational company leader in the insurance industry on corporate labor and regulatory issues before the Central Bank of Honduras and the National Commission of Banks and Insurance.
- Contribution in Annual Report of World Bank and the International Finance Corporation “Doing Business”, 2012-2014.
- Professor of Mercantile Law and Law History – Universidad Tecnológica de Honduras (UTH), 2006.
- Professor of Advanced Mercantile Law – Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (UNITEC), 2008.
- Master of Business Law – Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (UNITEC), 2018.
- Course in National Defense obtained – National Defense College and the High Center of Hemispheric Defense Studies of the United States of America, located at Washington D.C., November 2004.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH), 1999.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 1999.