(502) 5902 0807
Elizabeth Flores is Associate and Coordinator of the Intellectual Property practice of García & Bodán in Guatemala.
She stands out for her experience in the management of search and registration of trademarks, tradenames and advertising signs. In addition, she has extensive knowledge in search and registration of invention patents, industrial designs and utility models in Guatemala. Also, she has practice in judicial and administrative processes related to Industrial and Intellectual Property matters such as oppositions, administrative appeals, judicial cancellations and nullities.
Before joining the firm, she worked in other prestigious firms in Guatemala. Elizabeth also made internships in several governmental institutions such as: The Real Estate Registry, the Cadastral Information Registry, the National Registry of Persons and Mercantile, the Court of First Penal Instance of Femicide and other kinds of violence against women, the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Guatemala, among others.
Currently, Elizabeth is part of the Intellectual Property Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce of Guatemala and she also belongs to the Chamber of Intellectual Property of Guatemala, in which she has participation in different activities and projects.
- Trademarks and other Distinctive Signs
- Patents and Industrial Designs
- Plant variety rights
- Sanitary registration of food products, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, veterinary and agricultural
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Management of invention patents portfolio in Guatemala, of one of the leading companies in the pharmaceutical industry worldwide.
- Advised in several administrative oppositions by different multinational companies, obtaining favorable resolutions to protect their client’s trademark rights.
- Collaboration in civil and criminal procedures due to trademark infringements.
- Elaboration of the Thesis: The Importance of family judges to dictate conciliation measures in separation and divorce. Published in the journal of the Faculty of Law, Universidad del Istmo: “Auctoritas Prudentium”, February 2015.
- Committee of Intellectual Property of the American Chamber of Commerce of Guatemala.
- Chamber of Intellectual Property of Guatemala.
- Guatemala Bar Association.
- Postgraduate of Intellectual Property Update – Colegio de Abogados y Notarios de Guatemala, Instituto de Derecho Mercantil, Escuela de Estudios de Postgrado, Facultad de Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, 2017.
- Diploma in Patent Law – Colegio de Abogados y Notarios de Guatemala,
- Graduated in Law – Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala, 2015.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney and Notary Public since 2015.