(505) 8435 3015
María Alejandra Baldizón is Senior Associate at García & Bodán and member of the Corporate and Transactional and Real Estate practice areas in Managua, Nicaragua.
She has vast experience in advising on tourism development projects, projects under the horizontal property regime, companies under the free trade zone regime, national and international public bids, credit agreements with real estate and chattel guarantees, aeronautical matters and preparation of due diligence processes for national and foreign companies.
For nine years, he worked at a well-known law firm in Nicaragua, practicing in the areas of corporate, real estate and immigration law.
She served as Deputy Country Manager of the Compliance area of a multinational corporation with an important presence in the Americas.
For three years she was part of García & Bodán and in mid-2021 she rejoins the firm as Senior Associate.
- Procurement and Contracting of Goods and Services
- Free Trade Zones
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Real Estate
- Tourism Investments
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Advice to a recognized Panamanian banking entity in transactions in excess of USD 8 million dollars.
- Advised the client in the purchase of a property for its operations as a free zone in all legal aspects of the transaction. Advised in the legal investigation of the property and negotiation process with the National Corporation of Free Zones (CNZF).
- Advised the buyer, a renowned Central American real estate developer, in the purchase of properties for the development of premium residential projects in Managua, with more than 200 houses.
- Advised a leading Latin American company dedicated to the design, construction, maintenance, and medical equipment of hospitals throughout the international public bidding process.
- Advised in the preparation of contracts and negotiations for the development of the Ofiplaza El Retiro building complex.
- Contribution in Annual Report of the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation “Doing Business”, 2015-2016.
- Master of Laws in Law and Administration – Instituto Internacional de Derecho y Empresa (INIDEM), Ciudad del Saber, Panama, 2012.
- Diploma in Business Administration for Lawyers – INCAE Business School Campus Costa Rica-Nicaragua, 2012.
- Specialization Course in Financial Legal Practice – Escuela Superior de Administración y Dirección de Empresas (ESADE), Ciudad del Saber, Panamá, 2012.
- Postgraduate degree in Administration and Financial Decisions from Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico) – Universidad Americana (UAM), 2008.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 2007 and as Notary Public since 2008.
- Graduated in Law – Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua (UNAN-León), 2005.