(505) 8194 3170
Lowell Hodgson is Associate at García & Bodán and a member of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution practice in Managua, Nicaragua.
He has extensive experience in litigation, especially in civil and commercial proceedings, and in enforcement proceedings under the Nicaraguan Procedural Code that came into force in 2017.
Prior to joining the firm in 2019, he worked as Assistant in a law firm specialized in the area of credit recovery through judicial means, being his main client Banco de la Producción, S.A. (BANPRO). Due to his great performance he was promoted to Junior Lawyer in charge of the Notary and Litigation area in Family and Civil matters. Also, in 2018 he was Legal Advisor in Executions and Seizures of a well-known microfinance company in the country.
He studied a law degree at Universidad Centroamericana (UCA). He obtained a series of recognitions throughout his academic career, among the most outstanding, the title Maxime Cum Laude for his monographic work as a way of finishing his studies; Certificate as the winner of the second place in a speech contest on topics of Ethics and the title Magna Cum Laude as a graduate with honors in the year 2017, by the Faculty of Legal Sciences of UCA.
- Real Estate
- Magna Cum Laude in Law – Universidad Centroamericana, 2017.
- Maximum Cum Laude, in monographic evaluation for the completion of the law degree, 2017.
- Winner of Second Place in the Ethics Oratory Contest, Faculty of Legal Sciences – Universidad Centroamericana, 2016.
- Academic Excellence – Universidad Centroamericana, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Part of the team of the litigation department that carried out the preparation of precautionary measures and administrative appeals arising from disputes arising from a major public works contract.
- Part of the team of the litigation department that participated in arbitration arising from disputes under a SPA between an international company and a national dairy company.
- Assistance in the constitution and registration of a Consortium in Nicaragua.
- Preparation of a brief for the Response to Torts, in the process of Appealing the Judgment on the Interdiction of new construction, with results completely favorable to the client.
- Support to the litigation department in the judicial process of preparatory proceedings for the exhibition of documents of a public institution, obtaining the necessary information to carry out a claim for damages.
- Support to a microfinance company in preparing draft accounting documents to be used as annexes in non-judicial enforcement actions, in view of the entry into force of Law 902, “Code of Civil Procedure of the Republic of Nicaragua”.
- Recovery of credit in the judicial process of more than USD 500,000.00.
- Monograph thesis for the degree entitled: Diagnosis of the Joint Venture Contract as a modality of the Shared Risk Associations. Proposal for its inclusion in Nicaraguan Law – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA)
- Exhibition on ethics and morals, in the Xabier Gorostiaga auditorium – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA).
- Intensive training in commercial arbitration – Chamber of Commerce and Services of Nicaragua, Centro de Mediación y Arbitraje “Antonio Leiva Pérez”, 2019.
- Practical Workshop on the preparation of claims in ordinary proceedings, summary proceedings, monitoring and forced executions – Instituto Iberoamericano de Estudios e Investigación, 2019.
- Advanced Course on Affiliation, Invoicing and Collection, Economic Benefits, Auditing and Industrial Health and Safety – Nicaraguan Institute of Social Security, 2018.
- Authorized to practice as Attorney since 2018.
- Graduated with honors (Magna Cum Laude) in Law – Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), 2017.