(506) 8695 8972
Ivania Araya is Senior Associate of García & Bodán and member of the Corporate and Transactional, Banking, Financial and Capital Markets and Real Estate practices in Costa Rica.
Prior to joining García & Bodán, she was part of the team of lawyers in the corporate and banking department of a local law firm where she gained experience in the preparation of trusts, management of the release of assets within trusts, formalization of credit lines and specific credits; she carried out business banking operations aimed at multinational companies and/or corporations, drawing up contracts, incorporations, mergers and acquisitions of companies.
She served as as well as head of the Department of Notarial Law and Corporate Labor Law in a local law firm, providing advice and consulting to companies in the areas of Social Responsibility.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Graduated with honors (cum laude probatus) in the specialization in Notarial and Registry Law from Universidad Fidélitas, 2014.
- Legal advice to clients of the banking industry at the Costa Rican and Central American level.
- Preparation of trusts, specific credits and lines of credit for business banking aimed at national and multinational companies.
- Advice and consultancy to companies in the areas of Corporate Social Responsibility, Labor Law and Corporate Law.
- Research and advice on access to justice for migrants and refugees in the area of labor and constitutional law.
- Costa Rican Bar Association.
- Master’s Degree in Private Property Law – Universidad de Salamanca y Universidad Pública de Navarra, Sapain, 2019 – To date.
- Specialization in Notarial and Registry Law – Universidad Fidélitas, 2014.
- Admitted to practice as Attorney since 2014 and Notary Public since 2016.
- Graduated in Law with an emphasis on Human Rights – Universidad de Costa Rica, 2012.