(504) 3190 2047
Hilsy Villalobos is Senior Associate at García & Bodán and member of the Real Estate and Corporate and Transactional practice in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Her experience includes advising several hotels in the Roatán Bay Islands area, including Paradise Hotels & Resorts, S.A. and Barefoot Cay on real estate, commercial, transactional, tax, labor and natural resources.
She has also advised several foreign companies and private investors in real estate transactions, creating the necessary mercantile structures for them to acquire real estate on the island; in addition to advising them on tax and fiscal issues that include tax incentives for domestic and foreign investment, such as the qualifications to qualify for the benefits established in the Tourism Incentives Law, particularly in Roatan, a region that is an attractive and competitive tourist destination in Honduras.
Prior to joining the firm, Hilsy worked in the legal department of one of the largest auditing firms in the world (Big4 Accounting Firms), serving as head of the legal department and tax and tax advice, where she had the opportunity to advise large international companies, mainly in the sector of Mining and Metals, Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, wind power generation, pharmaceuticals, dental care and health care products, call centers, agricultural products, shipping, electronics and communications, banks, cooperatives and finance.
- Non-governmental Organizations and Foundations
- Tourism Investment
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Natural Resources
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Fiscal and tax advice to a hotel in the area of Roatan Bay Islands, specifically on the subject of Transfer Pricing, managing to eliminate fines of approximately USD 10,000.00.
- Advice in mercantile matters to a foreign investor in the matter of the social structuring of his company, supporting him with a social transformation and its due registration before the authorities.
- Counsel to a Swiss capital company in the purchase of shares of a Honduran company dedicated to tourism.
- Registry, cadastral and municipal investigations as part of the advice given to real estate buyers for the development of a timeshare project in Roatán, Bay Islands.
- Real estate advice regarding the purchase and subsequent registration of real estate for the development of a tower attached to an existing hotel in West Bay, Roatán, Bay Islands.
- Advice on trust issues for the development of tourism activities to clients in Switzerland and Grand Cayman.
- Advice on tax and fiscal issues to two prominent NGOs in Roatán, Bay Islands.
- Professor in Law and Business Management – Universidad Tecnología de Honduras (UTH).
- Contribution in Annual Report of the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation “Doing Business”, 2014 and 2017.
- Honduran Bar Association
- Member Rotary Club of Roatan
- Member of the Board of Directors of Island Friends Roatán Association
- Doctorate in Economic and Business Law – Universidad Internacional Iberoamericana de México (UNINI-México).
- Currently running for exequatur before the Supreme Court of Justice (CSJ).
- Diploma in Tax Law – Honduran Bar Association (CAH), 2019.
- Virtual Course Procedural Exceptions in the Civil Field Judicial Power and Bar Association of Honduras (CAH), August 2019.
- Certified as Conciliator by the Bar Association of Honduras (CAH), 2019.
- Postgraduate in Business Management – Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (UNITEC), 2018.
- Authorized to practice as an Attorney since December, 2009.
- Graduated in Law – Catholic University of Honduras (UNICAH), 2009